At Edinburgh Tea & Coffee Company we can trace our heritage back to 1812 when Andrew Melrose established his eponymous company in Edinburgh's Canongate. From its very beginning the Melrose name has been synonymous for sourcing and selecting only the highest quality teas and coffees. This is a tradition that we are proud to carry on to this day. The Edinburgh Tea & Coffee Company was formed in 1990 following a management buyout of the Melrose Tea Company.
Our current modern premises are based in Edinburgh’s Portobello, beside The Firth of Forth, the same stretch of water where in 1833 Andrew Melrose became the first UK tea merchant outside of London - following the end of The East India Company's importation monopoly - to legally import fresh tea from China on the Tea Clipper Isabella.